[OT] Kensington slim blade

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by GermanyChris, Aug 15, 2012.

1. GermanyChris macrumors 601

GermanyChris

So I just picked up a Kensington Slim Blade track ball at the PX for $50 on clearance. This track ball is OUTSTANDING far better than the the orbit I loved but broke. I highly recommend if someone is looking to replace their mouse.

2. mountainmusic macrumors newbie

Which Mac OS are you using?

Hello:

I can't get any of my Kensington Trackballs to work with Mountain Lion (OS 10.8). Really miss them - as nothing else even comes close.

Are you running 10.8 and trackballworks. Kensington does a TERRIBLE job of keeping up with software updates for new versions of Mac OS.

thanks much...

3. GermanyChris thread starter macrumors 601

GermanyChris

4. mountainmusic macrumors newbie

Kensington Trackballs and Mountain Lion 10.8

If anyone can get a Kensington Trackball to run on Mac OS 10.8, please let me know how. Can't believe they don't update drivers, but they don't.

Thanks!

5. SuperJudge macrumors 6502

SuperJudge

You'll probably want to start a thread in the Mountain Lion forum here if you want a good answer to that question. Statistically speaking, there probably aren't a lot of Mountain Lion users in the PowerPC forum. ;)

6. GermanyChris thread starter macrumors 601

GermanyChris

I am a mountain lion user too...

I'll play with it a bit on the MB tomorrow.

7. SuperJudge macrumors 6502

SuperJudge

I didn't say there weren't any. :p Just making a friendly suggestion to get more answers faster.

8. GermanyChris thread starter macrumors 601

GermanyChris

He'd get answers faster fore sure..but I'd guess most of us are mountain lion users also.

9. GermanyChris thread starter macrumors 601

GermanyChris

The slim blade works fine in 10.8 also..

What issues are you having?

10. rcibrisbane macrumors newbie

Kensington Slimblade

Kensington is working on a new driver. They told me it would be available in approx 1 weeks time ( 2 weeks ago)

I have got mine to work by going into System Preferences and clicking on Trackball work driver in (other) and all previous settings are in place.

The problem is you have to this every time you start or login to your computer

11. stefanradev macrumors newbie

No chance at the moment. I have contacted the Kensington Technical Support 2 months ago and same story: They are working on that:mad: When they are working on that 2 months long I hope very they will have a new driver for the next OSX. Really very poor service. I don't recommend to buy Kensington and use for Mac. You can spend your money also for other brands.

12. DrakkenWar macrumors 6502

DrakkenWar

hmmm this is a bit weird.

My kensington USB Orbit worked with no issues what so ever when I updated from 10.7 to 10.8 here on my mini. So, I guess that tells me not to be in any hurry to upgrade my trackball for the time being.

13. stefanradev macrumors newbie

Kensington Trackball works

:mad:They are working more the 2 months on this case. I have until today more then 5 cases at their support site about their missing drivers for mountain lion and they are promising every time to have the new drivers in one or two weeks. Very bad service and zero flexibility!

14. exegete77 macrumors 6502a

Yeah, I have a turbomouse (bought in 2004) and worked like a charm until this latest upgrade; it no longer works.

OS 10.8.2