OTA sync with Mac PC and Blackberry

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Shackler, Feb 11, 2009.

1. Shackler macrumors 6502a

Shackler

Right now i have a BB and a Macbook and i just USB sync them. But i have been think about selling the Macbook and getting an iMac and a netbook to carry around.

What could i use to sync my BB netbook and iMac. Just would want to sync folders and calender(some of my music). and would a linux of xp netbook make a difference?

Thanks for your help!

2. jive turkey macrumors 6502

You have two options, but honestly I think they both are too buggy to rely on.

1) Purchase the new Missing Sync 2.0, which has wireless auto sync. Bugs include merging contacts or deleting contacts.

2) Use Google Sync. This works wonderful for calendar and contacts when it works, and it is free. The problem is sometimes it will decide to delete events. You also have to route your iCal calendar through a Google Calendar, which if you are using Leopard is very easy to do (Google provides a tool that does it automatically). GoogleSync does not sync music.

If you search the internet I think you will find that fewer people have problems with Google Sync than with Missing Sync, though if you can be one of those who gets Missing Sync to work correctly, it is very powerful and awesome to use. I am not sure if the newest 2.0 version has a trial available, so check out the Mark/Space forums and the Mac Forums at Crackberry, Blackberry, and Blackberryforums to see what you think. There is already a 25 post or so discussion on Missing Sync at the Crackberry page.

3. Shackler thread starter macrumors 6502a

Shackler