other alternative of jailbreakme.com

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by marcolit, Apr 29, 2009.

1. marcolit macrumors newbie

:hi guys, i cant jailbreak my ipod touch 1.1.1 bec. jailbreakme.com is not running i think it was shut down, is there other way that i can jailbreak my ipod? thanks:)

2. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

Why exactly are you on 1.1.1? That's the firmware that the iPod touch shipped with on it's original release well over a year and a half ago...we're up to 2.2.1 now, with 3.0 coming out in the middle of this year. Next to all jailbreak apps require you to have 2.2.1, so you'll have to look into upgrading.

3. marcolit thread starter macrumors newbie

i upgraded my ipod to 1.1.5 and jail break it using ziphone but he problem is i cant download other apps thats why i downgrade it to 1.1.1, do i need to upgrade my ipod now? to what version? thanks

4. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

ziphone has pretty much been out of the scene for a while now, everyone's using either PwnageTool, Quickpwn (for the 1st gen touch) or redsn0w (for the 2nd gen). All of these require 2.2.1 to be installed - the downside is it costs $10 to upgrade. The upside - the ability to jailbreak, bug fixes, new features, plus being able to download apps from Apple's own App Store.

5. marcolit thread starter macrumors newbie

sir do i need wifi to upgrade and jailbreak my ipod using pwnage tool or quickpwn?

6. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

No, you just need an internet connection on, at least, your computer.