Other browser but not a Safari?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ModestMoo, Oct 28, 2011.

1. ModestMoo macrumors 6502

ModestMoo

Hello guys and ladies,

Maybe someone knows better browser than Safari but similar to it?
    I have MBP with 4GB ram and when I'm browsing the internet I have just safari, qTorrent, iChat, Finder, Twitter and some others like a Camouflage, iStat etc. applications open ant after ~1h it's full up to 3.96GB from 4GB... :/
    I just bought an a MemoryFreer witch freer's memory from 3.96GB to about 2.9GB but after 10-30min's it's again up to 3.96... When I freer my memory and Quit the Safari - my memory 2GB free. So Safari always uses about 1GB my all 4GB of memory... That's sucks.

Is there are browsers witch uses not that much memory? I know FireFox, Opera etc, but I don't like 'em... I love the Safari so far, but... :(

Thank you.

2. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

With All That Stuff Open

The best option is 8GB of Ram....No substitute for RAM....A different browser won't actually make a difference.

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

4. leerocks01 macrumors newbie

Have you tried Google Chrome, it eats up a little less memory usage as compared to Firefox and Safari.

5. Winni macrumors 68030

Winni

Welcome to the 21st century. And unfortunately, all current browsers suck. In different ways, but they all suck and consume resources like crazy.

My personal poison is Firefox, but actually more for traditional reasons and for some compatibility reasons with my work environment -- some of the server apps there only support IE and Firefox.

Apple screwed up Safari when they reached version 4, and that was when I stopped using Safari and switched to Firefox. I never liked Opera either and never really got used to Google Chrome. However, Chrome is a much better browser (than Firefox) for all that HTML 5 stuff that's popping up on the web. If you can get used to its user interface, Chrome certainly isn't a bad choice. It uses the same render engine as Safari (Webkit), so you're basically just switching the UI and not the experience.

6. colourfastt macrumors 6502a

colourfastt

I currently use: Safari, Flock, RockMelt, Chrome, Canary, Firefox, Opera, and OmniWeb. Pick one.

7. Michaelgtrusa macrumors 604

Michaelgtrusa

You use Flock? Unsafe now.