Other faces?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Mollington, Mar 22, 2015.

1. Mollington macrumors newbie

Hullo.

Just watching this TechnoBuffalo vid from the Spring Forward event, I noticed that when the reviewer enters 'face picker' mode he swipes onto a face that appears to be called X-Large and which isn't on Apple's current list of faces. Anyone know more, and if there are other as-yet unseen faces shipping with the Watch?

https://youtu.be/wjiZv0WBR0o?t=22s

2. Tycho24 macrumors 68020

Tycho24

Good eye!! :)

3. Multiverse223 macrumors regular

As someone pointed out from the first demo event, swiping all the way to the right of the watch faces brings you to a + symbol. It's theorized that this could be where one will add more faces to their watch, however you'll be able to do that. The recent spring forward event had this + as well.

4. BvizioN macrumors 68040

BvizioN

Is it 38mm or 42mm he is using on that video?

5. Caliber26 macrumors 68000

Caliber26

It's 42mm. He says it right at the beginning.

6. BvizioN macrumors 68040

BvizioN

Thanks. I am watching it from a PC at work with no sound.
    Was curious because his wrist size looks quite similar to mine and 42mm does not look large at all.

7. Sirious macrumors 65816

Sirious

It's entirely possible for Apple to include many more faces than they've been showing us. Probably a surprise for release day?

8. Dave245 Suspended

I think there will be many more watch faces than we have seen so far, Apple may even add more with future updates or allow people to buy more form the App Store.

Personally i'm looking forward to the astronomy watch face

9. chrise2 macrumors 6502

Hopefully its like Pebble and developers can publish watch faces just like apps. There are watch faces for many schools / sports teams, stupid faces like one that just says its Beer O'Clock all the time and nothing else. Another one that just displays different reject lines for bars. Its great.

10. parkds macrumors regular

Apple had also previously shown off a "timelapse" and "photo" watch face. After the Spring Forward event, those watch faces are no longer on the website. It will be interesting to see if they were nixed or not. They can still be viewed on the "Reveal" video on Apple site.

11. dacreativeguy macrumors 68010

Apple will certainly allow devs to offer an infinite number of watch faces. But, all will likely go through a review process. Pebble has had a few cease and desist orders over copyright violations, but I'm sure Apple would get hit REALLY hard if they allowed anything. They already paid out $20M to Swiss Rail for stealing their clock face a few years ago.

12. Piggie, Mar 23, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2015

Piggie macrumors 604

Piggie

That is always going to be the killer if watch faces/designs are only ever allowed via an official app store.

It will be such a shame if the whole of Android Wear watches (all the brands, makes/models) that are out now, coming out, and will come out in the future. Allow the user to create their own personal watch faces, and yet if you own an Apple watch you can only ever have watch faces that are "officially apple approved"

:(

I hope in time apple opens this up and simply allows a dev to create and sell to users a "watch face designer kit app"

Then everyone is happy.

Apple can produce their own official faces for sale.

And any people who wish to spend the time creating their own face that can only run on their phone (they can't sell them on) will be happy also.

Let's hope eh?

Two video's here:

Watch Maker app.
    https://youtu.be/ArauQ6baiGM
    https://youtu.be/dkchhJO5RRg

Facer App:
    https://youtu.be/lOhfEy89Lu0