"Other" iTunes

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Kidder1994, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Kidder1994 macrumors regular

Well i will try to explain it the easy as possible, in the morning i restored my iphone from 5.1.1 to get it updated to iOS 6.0... setting it as a new phone for avoid backup problems, the thing i noted after everything was ready, is that my iphone got 0.57GB of "Other" in itunes, and now after some usage i have 0.66GB of "Other"... i think anyone thinks that is not a big deal, but the doubt i have is when i restore my iphone weeks ago (when iOS 6 was not released) my "Other" space at max reached 0.35GB when recently restored... vs 0.57GB got from iOS 6 restore, so my question is, people who got the new update, how much "Other" space u got from setting ur phone as "New"? oh and im using a iPhone 4s 32gb, hope someone can share their experiences about this :)

Thx:apple:

2. Kidder1994 thread starter macrumors regular

3. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

There are tons of other discussions about this.....please meet Mr. Search!

4. Kidder1994 thread starter macrumors regular

really? are u sure? specially talking about a OS update release today?... i believe u if it was about iOS 5.0 or 5.1 or even 4.0 but difficult about iOS 6.0.... so plz go to do smth else and dont come here to flame :)

5. senorFunkyPants macrumors 6502

senorFunkyPants

Count yourself lucky - I have 4GB of "Other"!

6. Kidder1994 thread starter macrumors regular

did you update via OTA? maybe thats the problem =S

7. senorFunkyPants macrumors 6502

senorFunkyPants

I updated through iTunes - anyway a hard reset resulted with a more usual 0.79gb of "other".