Other laptops shipping with Haswell?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by skaertus, Jun 9, 2013.

1. skaertus macrumors 68030

skaertus

With the imminent launch of a MacBook Air and/or a MacBook Pro with Haswell as soon as tomorrow, I wonder whether other manufacturers are already shipping and/or delivering laptops with Haswell processors. I've performed a quick search at Amazon.com and Best Buy, and I've found none? Are you aware of any laptop with Haswell already being at the hands of customers?

2. thundersteele macrumors 68030

I went to dell.com, you can select desktops with 4th generation Intel processors. I went through the configuration and put one in my cart, estimated shipping date is June 10, i.e. immediately.

In the Sony web store you can order ultrabooks with i5 and i7 Haswell CPUs. However in the cart they are shown as out of stock, with no shipping date available.

I know that some Haswell ultrabooks are in the hands of reviewers, but if any are available to customers I don't know.

3. skaertus thread starter macrumors 68030

skaertus

So it looks like there are Dell laptops already out there in the wild!

Edit: Sorry, I didn't read it right. You said desktops, not laptops. There are no Dell laptops out yet with Haswell.

4. thundersteele macrumors 68030

5. skaertus thread starter macrumors 68030

skaertus

6. Mr MM macrumors 65816

Mr MM

most haswell notebooks are getting shipped next week, it was a paper launch this year, a very messy one at that

7. luffytubby macrumors 6502a

luffytubby

Most promising one I have seen, and frankly the only real serious alternative to Macbook Air 13 and rMBP13 I have seen is this;

Asus Zenbook Infinity;

Specs;

-Windows 8.1 (start button be back!)

-13.3-inch 2560 x 1440 capacitive touch IPS panel.

-Gorilla Glass 3

CPU; "the ZBI is home to a 28W Haswell ULT: the Core i7-4558U. The dual-core part features Intel's Iris 5100 graphics (GT3 without Crystalwell) as well as a higher base CPU clock frequency. The result should be a very interesting combination of power efficiency and GPU performance on tap. ASUS seems to always pick the right parts to integrate into its mobile devices, and the i7-4558U is definitely an interesting one."

- Battery Life???

- Build Quality ???

- Price ???

8. jafingi macrumors 65816

jafingi

All Acer's Haswell notebooks are shipping here in Denmark. I can order today, and have it delivered tomorrow.

MSI's will ship tomorrow.

9. skaertus thread starter macrumors 68030

skaertus

Nice!

----------

The Zenbook Infinity looks like a very nice machine indeed! I am also curious about the Aspire S7, which looks nice too.