Other live wallpapers?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by verseafterverse, Dec 4, 2013.

1. verseafterverse macrumors member

So can I get any other live wallpapers for ios7 I have been waiting for a jailbreak but that doesn't seem to be coming to soon.

2. bbfc macrumors 68030

bbfc

No. Just the stock Apple ones for now.

3. verseafterverse thread starter macrumors member

Damn thanks c:.

4. oVerboost macrumors 6502a

I'm surprised Apple don't have more for sale within iTunes tbh...

5. mcmul macrumors 6502

6. davehutch macrumors 6502a

davehutch

You'd have thought they'd take this opportunity to give us all a nice Falling Snow Dynamic wallpaper wouldn't you?

7. Jacksonc macrumors 6502

Jacksonc

Does anybody know what file format the dynamic wallpapers are? I think it,'s quartz composer...

8. jrswizzle macrumors 603

jrswizzle

There ya go - I'm sure it wouldn't take much to figure out the file format, then have some tech savvy members come up with some that we can all save to our phones.

Given panoramic photos are organized based on (I'm assuming) dimensions, wouldn't it be safe to assume the iPhone or iPad would simply recognize the file format of a user-created dynamic wallpaper and put in the that section of the wallpapers?

9. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

I saw a blog where someone reverse-engineered it and created something as a test. So it's possible.

I see 4 difference approaches Apple could take:

1) Come out with an "iWallpaper" app for $2.99 that lets you make your own. They'd sell a LOT of that but it would have to be somewhat limited in its abilities to make it usable by the public. (Remember, they're not videos so you can't just import camera footage.) This would give Apple lots of up-front profit but I imagine interest would fade when it turns out you can only do so much. (Imagine the Mac's "Flurry" screen saver controls as your inspiration for this. Fun at first, but it gets old.)

2) Start making more wallpapers of their own and either release them in an update or sell them on the store like they sell ringtones. This would probably be a good way to go, but there's only so much they can do. You're not gonna find the color theme to your favorite college team with a system like this.

3) Release an API that allows developers to make their own wallpaper-making apps. Not much up-front profit for Apple since most will probably be fremium apps, but I see this path increasing the value of iOS the most of the 3 plans. You'll see generic apps that are like the "iWallpaper" idea. You'll also see really specific ones (like one that only does wallpapers to match college sports teams, for example). And you may see super creative ones like, maybe, upload a picture of your face and the app analyzes it and reverse-rasterizes it to give you a cartoon of you that runs as a wallpaper. Who knows what people will come up with.

The difference between this and an Apple-made app is that they could be very specific and certain apps could have a steeper learning curve than others. So you'd see a wide range of amateur-to-pro apps that Apple wouldn't be able to do with just one app.

I think #3 is the best choice, but, of course, there's always option #4: Do nothing and forget about it.

10. Sirious macrumors 65816

Sirious

Hope they add a couple more in the final release of 7.1.

11. joejoejoe macrumors 65816

would be great to get a live weather background that mimics the animations of the weather app.

i swear this would make me happier about having horrible weather recently.

12. sk1wbw Suspended

sk1wbw

13. cobbyco macrumors 6502a

cobbyco

I want the one in the 12 Days of Gifts app.
    In multiple colours.
    Including the gold one.

14. macigo macrumors regular

I know right? I came here just to say that.

Why isn't this a dynamic wallpaper? :/

[​IMG]

???

15. GoingDark macrumors 6502

I would also love a few more options for dynamic wallpapers. I get bored of the stock ones so easily!