Other Potential sensor uses

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by atticus570, May 9, 2015.

1. atticus570 macrumors regular

I finally decided to order the apple watch with the thought in mind that the sensor for the heart rate monitor will be opened up to developers hopefully when they launch the sdk later this year , I am typ 1 diabetic and do believe in non invasive tech to measure blood glucose is getting more and more possible and I have read that there are already devices out there that use infrared to measure blood glucose. So with that in mind does anyone else think it may be a possibility I know it's a long shot I was just curious if anyone else might think it's possible.

2. Goalieed macrumors member

I'd love that, but since the FDA would consider glucose monitoring as a medical device, I don't think it would happen even if technically feasible.

3. atticus570 thread starter macrumors regular

True I would really like to see something tho for diabetics a little more by the time I get it in July lol , i have a bunch of apps but their to easy to ignore but that's partially on me to maybe they came make an app that taps you to you input your blood sugar or something

4. Goalieed macrumors member

If you find one that really works well let me know, I really have a hard time doing what I know I should be doing.