"other" space occupied on iPhone

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by brijesht, Jan 16, 2012.

1. brijesht macrumors newbie

brijesht

Hi - it's a known problem with unknown solution.

I see that 'other' occupies a lot of space on my iPhone (2.1 GB) - there has been no solution that has worked for me - deleting safari cache/unchecking music/photos/tones and then syncing again after checking too has not helped.

Any help in this regard would be appreciated. I really don't know if there lies a solution to this - the one which works for me.

have attached the ridiculous looking capacity distribution - HELP!

Attached Files:

2. imahawki macrumors 6502a

Do a restore and load it from a backup. I had an EXTREME case just yesterday, my iPad 1 was showing 22GB of other. Basically nothing else would fit on it (32GB model only has 28GB of actual free space). I tried a bunch of stuff and ended up doing a restore.

3. brijesht thread starter macrumors newbie

brijesht

Damn!
    I really wanted to avoid a restoration - it would take forever - or at least 2 hours!
    some points deducted for  :/
    Forgot to mention that restoration was not an option - thanks anyway - I guess I'll have to wait before taking the plunge.

4. imahawki macrumors 6502a

Restoration was the ONLY option for me. I'm leaving tomorrow for a trip and I couldn't even put any movies on my iPad because it was saying it was completely full except for about 4GB. I usually load 10-12 movies on it since I'm not sure what I'll feel like watching. The only thing I don't like about restoration is Apple should keep a clean copy of the last iOS download locally so you don't have to download iOS to do a restore. 80% of the time it takes is downloading the OS.

5. brijesht thread starter macrumors newbie

brijesht

yep, looks like that is the only option for me too. Thanks for making me stop hoping for a better solution :)