"Other" taking 2G of data?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by squidkitten, Apr 6, 2012.

1. squidkitten macrumors 6502

squidkitten

Hello! This is not my current issue, but a friend's. Apparently 2G of her iPhone memory is being taken up by "Other" and she's not sure what it is. I don't really know the answer, but here's her situation as she explained it to me:

"i deleted my internet history and cleared the cookies and the space went UP. i think it’s the OS because it didn’t do this before i updated a few weeks ago and now it’s not letting me add anything it says i’m over the space by .22G so like. uhm. apple get your s*** together?

i text a lot but not 2G worth of texts. i have no notes, and my emails are on icloud. i also don’t have that many apps. this is so annoying."

any ideas?

2. daemonite macrumors member

go under settings, general, usage and wait for it to load. it'll tell you what is eating up space...other way of doing it is plug into itunes and check it out from there.

3. aristobrat macrumors G4

The majority of my iPhones other space was the size of all of the photos/videos that I had texted over the years. Going into Messages and deleting conversations freed up a ton of space.

If she really doesn't send a lot of txts this may not be the issue for her, but FWIW.