Ottawa-area Bell/Rogers/Telus??

Discussion in 'iPad' started by elabela, Mar 16, 2012.

1. elabela macrumors member

Am actually south of Ottawa, any way to find out best company to get service from?

Also wondering as I don't know much about data plans,etc. People with Rogers very often get charged roaming here because of proximity to US cell towers and having to call every bill for roaming charges. Is this likely to happen with data or is that just a cell problem?

Asking the above for my mother, who has her 3rd ipad, but her first 4G and no cellphone.

2. alk-3 macrumors newbie

I'd go with bell just out of principal. I was trying to cancel my Rogers account today(they don't offer LTE in my area, but bell does) and I actually spent 4 hours on the phone with them trying to cancel. I've never been so frustrated. Got "accidentally" hung up on 3 times, but finally got it cancelled. My wife spent three hours on the phone with them last week just trying to get them to provide proper receipts for tax purposes. They claimed they are not required by law to provide a recipt for their charges, which is BS. Anyway... Long story short, I've always had problems with Rogers, and only use them if I have to. Glad to be gone from them. I've had bell accounts in the past, and had good service.
    You can set your device to not roam internationally, which would avoid that issue.