otter box case and iphone 4 charging dock

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by sotorious, Jun 20, 2011.

1. sotorious macrumors 6502a

will the phone still be able to be docked with the otter box case on there?

2. spaghetti head macrumors member

My iPhone with the Defender case will not work on any of my charging stations. There is a little silicone flap that covers the bottom port and it doesn't allow the phone to sit all the way down in the station.

You can buy extenders, and I have one coming today, but I'm not sure how well it will work.

3. sotorious thread starter macrumors 6502a

Let me know and if you can take a pic with the extender on that would be great.

4. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

havnt seen a dock that works with it, the cable fits no problem but like the other says the rubber flap and bottom edge will get in the way

5. spaghetti head macrumors member

I got the extender in today. It works fine with the one device that I tried it on. It is a little tall. I also got a 2' cable extender which will work well in the truck.

It's not a perfect solution, however I can use one or the other on all my devices, and still go back to using my original iPod.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Dhelsdon macrumors 65816

Dhelsdon

Where did you buy your extender, does it work with accessories?
    I have an extension cable but it doesn't support anything but charging. I want to get an extender that I can use with my alarm clock dock.

7. spaghetti head macrumors member

Both of mine are made by CableJive and came from Amazon. I haven't used the cable yet, but the short adapter will charge and play music on my Logitech speaker system. I haven't tried on any of my other devices yet.

8. karrie826 macrumors newbie

OuterBox Case on Iphone 4S on a charging Dock? Extender?

I haven't been able to use any of my charging docks with my iphone 4s. I just read this post about buying a extender by Cablejive. I also just read a post about RadTech 13-860 ProCable Shortz Dock Extender. I never knew they had these! Which is better? Or are there any new ones out? I see this post is from July, I know they are always coming out with new things. I just hate to be able not to use my docks anymore. It would be a pain taking off the case. These look like a great idea.
    Thanks in advance for you help. :)

9. spaghetti head macrumors member

The cable makes a more secure connection. When I use my short connector, my phone battery doesn't always charge.