Otter Box commuter.

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by ToddH, Dec 6, 2014.

1. ToddH macrumors 6502a

ToddH

Just picked up an Otter Box commuter for my 6 Plus today. I normally don't use Otter Box cases because of the bulk they add to the phone. Honestly....I really love this case! It's rounded sides and solid feel offer great comfort to my grip. The hole in the back displays the apple logo nicely. I didn't post photos because there are plenty online of this case. I have the space gray 6+ and this may be the last case I buy for a while.

Anyone else have this case???

T

2. davistld01 macrumors 6502a

davistld01

I have one that's only been out of the box once to put on & take off of my iPhone 6. Fit/finish is good...nice solid feel, and it covers the bottom of the phone good...but I hate the hole on the back, and for a guy like me with smallish hands, it adds just enough thickness to the phone as to make it hard for me to operate it with one hand. I went back to my Apple leather case within minutes of trying the Otterbox.

3. 55test55 macrumors 6502

I love how light this case feels. I have one for my 6 (not plus), and ive used a lot of other cases, but this one feels so light and airy; its hard to describe. I dont like the hole in the back, and i dont like how the rubber isnt tight...i could easily see debris getting under the rim since its not solid like, say, a speck case. Its also a bit slippery. Also the hard plastic doesnt fit perfectly over the soft plastic/rubber, which makes it look not great.

4. AE14 macrumors 65816

The commuter is ok imo, probably the weakest of the 6+ cases. I never understood the hole in the back tbh. The silicone on he sides can get loose and allow debris.

5. dolacheck macrumors newbie

I bought the 6+ commuter from Target. I ended up returning it the same day. Very difficult to get on and off. The fit didnt not seem right either. Toward the bottom there was a gap between the rubber and plastic once on the case. Also didnt like the weight added compared to other cases. Overall pretty disjointed

6. upbraid macrumors member

how else will people know that you own an :apple:

7. TechDiva macrumors 6502

TechDiva

I had a commuter for my 5s. It did its job perfectly. As many times as I dropped the phone, my case was all beat up, but my phone didn't have any scratches or dents. So, I purchased one for the 6+ when they became available. I used it for 2 days, then went back to my Spigen Tech Armor. The biggest problem that I had with the commuter is that people couldn't hear me when I talked at my normal level because of the part that covers the headphone jack. I would either have to speak louder or open up that flap (and bend it back so it would stay open) so that people could hear me. It was harder to get on, but so was the one that I had for my 5s. it does look nice, I'm just not sure if I'm going to use it very often.

8. maybeiloveyou macrumors member

Finally caved in an got one. Already shattered my 3 month old iPhone 6 plus by using a super thin case that offered zero protection. I have AppleCare, but that's still $80.

The days of appearance are gone!! Bought a Commuter from best buy today. Not a huge fan of the cutout but I have a silver phone and the white case is kind of silverish so it fits nicely. I was worried about the fit since some reviews said the 6 had fitment issues but this one seems perfectly fine.

It's bulky but still portable and usable. Happy with my purchase.