Otter box DOES still make a good case!

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Colev1, Mar 24, 2013.

1. Colev1 macrumors member

I have to admit, the otter box's cases for iphone 5 havnt been as good as in the past. I have the commuter in blue on my phone now and the silicone is faded and stretched a bit but today I dropped my phone from about 5 feet (maybe more) onto the cement floor in wal mart. It landed flat on the back of the phone and made a horrible SMACK sound that even made the cashier say "ooohhh is it ok?" There isn't a scratch or a crack on the case!

2. Hooterville macrumors 6502a

Hooterville

3. Colev1 thread starter macrumors member

4. Colev1 thread starter macrumors member

Well actually I'm in the process of sending it back

5. cole01 macrumors 6502

I really like the Commuter too. I have two Defenders also but I prefer the slimness and outer plastic of the Commuter and am still very confident it'd protect my iPhone from some bad drops.

6. Colev1 thread starter macrumors member

I know, me too but lots of people are criticizing them for being low quality and the flaps do wear out and the silicone fades but who cares

7. HiRisk macrumors 6502

The Commuter gives good drop protection. By the looks of it, it may end up providing better drop protection than the LifeProof. :eek:

8. Colev1 thread starter macrumors member

It is good for drop protection, thinking I might pull my defender back out and use it with my own screen protector to keep away dust and scratches