Otterbox alt. with holster.

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by eclipse01, Dec 19, 2014.

1. eclipse01 macrumors 68020

eclipse01

2. areyes163 macrumors 6502

areyes163

Well I picked up a defender today. It was ok. The screen protector was horrendous though. I ended up picking up a platinum series/holster combo from best buy today as well. I love it. It's slim. Well made and comes with the holster. It is actually the Seidio Surface case but rebranded for Best Buy. It is in sale for 34.99 and since I had a 10.00 in rewards it ended up even less.

3. saberz macrumors regular

Can vouch that both suggestions are good. One thing with the unicorn beetle, once it's on, do not remove it. It's nigh impossible to remove bubbles that firm from dust after wards.

4. eclipse01 thread starter macrumors 68020

eclipse01

5. azhava macrumors regular

I've been using it for almost a month and am pretty happy with it overall. Touch ID and all the buttons, switches and jacks work perfectly, it's not overly thick yet it offers pretty good protection. Really the only thing I could complain about is the "oil slick" visible under the screen protector when it's turned off, but you don't notice it at all when the phone is on and you're using it. The plastic of the screen protector holds fingerprints/smears more than the naked iPhone's screen, but that's easy enough to wipe off once in a while. If this case was completely waterproof, I'd keep it and use it permanently. It's a lot less expensive than an Otterbox and IMO the quality is better (I've owned 3 prior Otterbox Defenders for my previous iPhones).