Otterbox Armor Music underwater?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by CrimsonKnight, Jul 15, 2013.

1. CrimsonKnight macrumors 6502

CrimsonKnight

Hello forum,

I am thinking about getting a waterproof case for my iphone 4s, but with the ability to put on headphones for listening to music while swimming. Can the Otterbox Armor series do this? From what I found so far, it looks like lifeproof might be the only case that can really allow this with the adapter.

Anyone know on this?

Thank you in advance, very much!

2. BrettDS macrumors 6502a

3. Jalopybox macrumors 6502a

Jalopybox

Not gonna happen. There are specific waterproof mp3 players and headphones.

4. jdogg836 macrumors regular

jdogg836

As soon as you open that flap, the water would come flooding in. I'm glad they call it out on the webpage.....we all know that the only reason hairdryers have a label saying don't use in the tub is someone tried it.

5. TheChrisBlaze macrumors member

If you want the ability to listen to music with a waterproof case while underwater your best bet is the Lifeproof case. It comes with a waterproof headset adapter, granted you have a set of waterproof headphones.

6. TC25 macrumors 68020

Surely, there has to be a less expensive solution than using an expensive phone to listen to music while swimming. Like, maybe, listen when you're not swimming?

7. Commy1 macrumors 6502a

Commy1

Never thought about having music underwater.
    I like the idea of underwater speakers, not so much headphones. Blast some nice calming meditation music and meditate under water.. Mmmm soothing.

As for the Armor, it's waterproof up to 6m for 30 mins and looking at the design, when the ports are uncovered it looses all it's waterproof-ness.

8. CrimsonKnight thread starter macrumors 6502

CrimsonKnight

Good points and information! Thank you for the feedback!