Otterbox armor or Defender

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by passey, May 17, 2013.

1. passey, May 17, 2013
    Last edited: May 17, 2013

passey macrumors member

Im getting my iphone 5 on monday so I'm looking at a heavy duty case for it.

Have 2 kids cats dog and rabbits at home.

I also work in a print facility so bending over machines alot fixing them also going onto substations occasionally. I'm after something that will defend it again most things (Think the kids are the most damage tbh). Needs to be suck resistant.

Will the defender do a good enough job?

In the Uk its about £23 and the armour is £60.

2. dominion155 macrumors member

In my opinion the defender does a great job. I have dropped my phone numerous times and it has not received any damage at all. It is still in mint condition from the day I bought it.

Armor though, is the TOP protection possible for cases. I believe I read it protects against water, dust, etc..? I mean for absolute protection I would say go for that. Incase your kids drop the phone in water/etc....

Also, check out the Pelican Iphone 5 case. That one is dust proof / water proof as well.

3. Rocko1 macrumors 68020

Rocko1

If your work place is dusty, I would say Armor and look at Griffin Survivor. It's a bit bulky, but it is splash/rain resistant and has a lot of protection. I switch between the Defender and Survivor depending on how I feel.

4. Robster3 macrumors 68000

I would go the Armor if i didn't already have a defender. Defender is good i knocked mine off the arm rest in a movie yesterday and bounced and rolled a bit. No problem.