otterbox armour-iphone4s 1 month review

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Jfern, Apr 17, 2013.

1. Jfern macrumors newbie

i purchased an otterbox armour over a month ago. After about 3 weeks the rubber around the clasp started to delaminate and peel. It doesnt prevent the protective value but holy crap, 3weeks? Iwould expect it to last longer than that.
    Luckiy otterbox stepped up and sent me a replacement promptly. Good customer service in my opinion!
    However, can I only expect another month of wear out of the new case? Hope it was a fluke. I also noticed one of the clasps getting a little wiggly. This also doesnt affect the performance.
    The biggest issue I am having is that the people on the other end of my calls are always complaining they cannot hear me or i am muffled. Really irritating when you spend $100 on a case.
    I didnt buy the case for its ability to be submersed in water so i tried removing the foam at the mic and removing the waterproof membrane. The foam has to go back in, as it also acts as a shim to keep the phone centered in the case. Or else you will find the power button wont work and the phone will jiggle inside the case. This seemed to help a little.
    I guess there has to be some trade off for a case you can swim with! (all though I dont know why someone needs to dunk their phone). Anyway anyone else experiencing the same issues?

2. Darknoob macrumors newbie

I have the case more than a month and also my case's rubber around the clasp started to delaminate and peel.
    Other than that it's the best case around. Never had dust inside or water. sound quality of the speaker is perfect. The call quality is perfect and also They hear me good.