Otterbox = Awesome Company

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by MadGoat, Jul 24, 2009.

1. MadGoat macrumors 65816

MadGoat

I emailed them this morning about my white defender's silicone covering turning orange and would like to purchase a black silicone cover , they emailed me back within 2 hours asking for my address to send me a replacement at no charge(they even cover duty charges if any).

This is one happy customer, and I will buy from them in the future.

2. Acronym macrumors 68000

is the otterbox case bulky? how does it stand up in protection? i am a landscaper and i want a case taht offers good protection but not to bulky, as of now i am using a Black Matte incase Slider

3. newtomac1032 macrumors member

it is said to be the best protection available but adds a little bulk

4. iRob213 macrumors member

iRob213

It is about 5/8" thick, so yeah it can be a little bulky, especially in pants pocket.

I survey and do a lot of field work and it is by far the most rugged case I have, but if I'm not out in the field for awhile I switch back and forth with my iFrogz!

Oh, and yes Otterbox is excellent to work with. I had scratched the clear covering on my first case and emailed about just replacing the covering. They sent me a new case, no questions. Very awesome!!!!

5. MadGoat thread starter macrumors 65816

MadGoat

I got the case for geocaching, I don't want to have to worry about banging around my phone or scratching the hell out of it, for everyday I use a feather or something similar

6. newtomac1032 macrumors member

trying to decide between the superhero and this one, because it offers so much protection is it difficult to hear the ringer? Is the sleep button harder to push I am disabled and have the use of one hand.

7. MadGoat thread starter macrumors 65816

MadGoat

All the buttons are easy to press, sometimes easier.

The ringer is easy to hear, the earpiece, mic and speaker are not really covered other than by what appears to be a fiberous like membrane made of a nylon like material.

I usually use my phone one handed and I've had no issues at all.

It truly is a great case.

8. 603doug macrumors newbie

I drill wells for a "hobby" (you have to make a profit for it to be called a living) and have dropped, banged etc my iphone and the otterbox case is great. Plus you can not beat their customer service.

9. newtomac1032 macrumors member

do you hear the music ok in terms of the Ipod feature

10. eron macrumors 6502

Ringer is not blocked, so it's still as loud.
    I don't have the superhero, but the Otterbox is really a good case if one is after protection.

The watermark issue did bug me until I got a anti-fingerprint shield from SGP. A powersupport one would work too.

11. newtomac1032 macrumors member

does the screen/antiglare combo make the touch screen less sensative/ more difficult to use

12. Acronym macrumors 68000

how is the vibration function on it? i find when i am at work i dont feel the vibrate at all unless i am crouching down and its pressed against my leg tightly