otterbox case, anyone try it?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by zipper1022, Dec 13, 2007.

1. zipper1022 macrumors regular

hey i wanted to see if anyone on heres got one,,,

im getting an iphone soon and i want to get a good case, the otter box looks really good, nice and strong and pretty good looking. the only flaw i can see is the lack of use of the mute button.

im a sponsored bmx rider so im constantly crashing into the ground so i need something tough, thats why i look toward the otterbox

2. zipper1022 thread starter macrumors regular

no one has this?!?!

im stuck between the agent 18 case with a screen protector and this,,, come on people. help me decide!, i cant run it naked, im too protective over my stuff

3. amik macrumors regular

I just received mine yesterday. I like it a lot, very utilitarian, which is good for me since I work in an industrial setting. The only negative, which I anticipated, was the screen cover. I didn't like it as much as my power support film, so I just ripped it off the otterbox case and used the PS film. The otterbox film wasn't very well attached to the case anyway, so it wasn't a big deal. I'm probably going to do something about the camera lens cover as well but I haven't decided what yet.

The best thing for me so far is the holster, which is far more secure than the holster for my Contour Showcase (iPhone fell out a few times).

My wife has the agent 18 case + PS film on hers and she likes it a lot. They are very different cases and I am curious to know how you narrowed it down to those two. If you need a little protection, go with the agent 18 since it is slimmer and cleaner looking. If you want a rugged case, that has better grip and thicker protection (at the expense of thinness) get the otterbox.

4. mikelliott macrumors member

Amik, what do you think of the otterbox adding bulk and weight?

5. amik macrumors regular

It certainly adds some bulk but not much weight. Though it's obviously bigger in every dimension, the thickness is what I notice the most. I love it when I'm at work because it affords great protection, but if I'm off for a few days, I take it off and just use my Sena case. The fact that it obstructs the silent switch is a little annoying.