Otterbox Commuter case obscures camera

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by AnthroMatt, Jun 9, 2011.

1. AnthroMatt macrumors regular

AnthroMatt

Good morning. I have had the Commuter case on my iPhone 4 for about a week now. I want to ask if I just got an ill-fitting or ill-made case or if all the Otterbox Commuter cases have this problem and therefore exchanging the product would do me no good...thanks in advance.

The first picture was taken with the case on...note the upper corners of the image. The second was taken caseless.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. tekbeattv macrumors member

tekbeattv

I have heard of some defect issues with fit on the Commuter cases, I would first check if when you place the hardshell piece on the iPhone if the silicon underneath slides. If after perfect visual alignment you still get that vignette effect, I would contact Otterbox for a replacement, they are usually pretty good about that. Hope this helps!

3. AnthroMatt thread starter macrumors regular

AnthroMatt

Thanks. I was able to exchange the case at Best Buy, the new one offered no improvement. I contacted Otterbox on Monday and will await their response.

4. AnthroMatt thread starter macrumors regular

AnthroMatt

Just to follow up, Otterbox is going to send a replacement case (different model).

Excellent customer service!

5. truciet macrumors 6502

Yea it's great until you wait for the replacement...

Mine took almost 2.5 weeks! However, it was brand new in a retail box. I was just expecting the case itself.

6. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

You had a nice vignette going there!! Lol, j/k.