Otterbox Commuter Cases

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Macnificant, Oct 11, 2011.

1. Macnificant macrumors 6502a

I am thinking about getting the Otterbox Commuter Case for the iPhone 4s but have a few questions first.

Will I be able to use my Power Support screen protector with it?

I keep the phone in my front pocket and in the past I have had cases that were difficult to remove because of the materials rubber feel and it was a link magnet.

What is the cases material feel? And will this be an issue?

2. McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

In my experience it is not an issue to remove it from the pocket, even in jeans.
    I do not have the protective sheet for the screen, and because of that hole for the front video camera is covering some of the camera lens, and video chatting with it has become very annoying.
    I haven't asked Otterbox about it yet.

3. HitchHykr macrumors 6502a

HitchHykr

I had a Otterbox Commuter Case for my 3Gs and a screen protector but the case would lift some of the edges of the screen protector because of the lip. I don't know how the fit is for the iPhone 4. It's a great case, though.

4. Ali. macrumors member

The Commuter I was using for the iP4 worked fine with screen protectors. I had a ZAGG IS installed when I was using the Commuter and it'd didn't pull the shield off or anything silly like that. If anything the silicon parts the case cover the edges of the screen protector so it will reduce or even eliminate damage/wear to the edges.

The case fits in the front pocket reasonably okay, since the backing is straight plastic it can slide in and out alright. The silicon at the front is exposed so this will catch on your pocket and the exposed areas of silicone do attract lint.

In terms of protection its an excellent case with both the dock and speaker plug ports covered and power and volume rockers protected with silicon.Its best used in conjunction something like Power Support/ZAGG/BSE etc etc.

The only complaints I had the with the case was that it felt cheap to hold, was a bit of a lint magnet and it felt really tacky - too much for my preferences in that it was taking away from the beauty of the device itself. It's a cookie cutter but it will protect your iPhone without being overly bulky like the Defender series.

I would be still using this case if I wasn't already using my BookBook, mainly because of the reason I mentioned above.