Otterbox Commuter Hurts! Other options?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by imprana, Jan 2, 2011.

1. imprana macrumors newbie

Hello,

I now have my first iphone (yay! :apple:) and I purchased the Otterbox Commuter case to protect my phone. I was looking for a slim case that is durable, which is what this case provides. I like the Commuter a lot, but the top edge that wraps around the silicone rubs into my ear when I take calls causing enough discomfort to make me consider a new case.

Are there any recommendations out there for a similar case? I was thinking about the Otterbox Impact, but I'm not sure about the protection it would offer.

Thoughts?

2. bizfox macrumors member

Try the SGP Neo Matte case...

3. JASApplications macrumors 65816

4. TheBigKing macrumors 65816

TheBigKing

5. i3igsmooth5769 macrumors 6502a

i3igsmooth5769

thats strange that would happen....havent experienced that with my Otterbox...but yes id definitely suggest the Incipio NGP matte.

6. imprana thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the ideas.

After looking at these options, I am leaning toward the Incipio NGP. Would that option be better than the Otterbox Impact?

OB and Incipio are both both silicone, but it seems like Incipio's is a bit different than the typical silicone and it does not attract dust the same. Is this why it is recommended?

@i3igsmooth5769, I think it is the line where the molding was separated at the time it was made. The ridge at the top of the iphone is much sharper than the one on the bottom. I may just give OB a call.

7. TheBigKing macrumors 65816

TheBigKing

Go with incipio i tray many cases and its my favorite so far y try sgp two but i dont like it i stick with my incipio ngp :D