Otterbox commuter is now my fav case ....

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by azelaya84, Mar 9, 2011.

1. azelaya84 macrumors member

After going through a ton of cases I think I finally settled down with the commuter series from otterbox. It feels great in your hands and for the amount of protection you get from it the case does't really add to much bulk. I got a little creative when i went out today and bout another one.....

Attached Files:

2. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

3. azelaya84 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks ....Yeah too bad they don't make this combo I had to buy 2 separate cases to get the white/white combo

4. rapaleeman macrumors 6502

Yeah the Commuter is an awesome case. Make sure to put a cheap screen protector on the back of the phone to keep it from getting scratched.

Not a fan of the all white though. I liked the white/blue combo and oddly even the white/green one too. Personally I have a black/black.

5. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

OP, that white/white looks GREAT! I really like that combination.

And the screen protector on the back idea is a good one. I've had a Commuter on my 3GS for over a year and I simply cut down a cheap, clear screen protector, big enough to cover the logo. If I took the case and screen protector off right now, the back of my 3GS looks as good as the day I bought it.

I highly recommend covering the logo on the back so it doesn't get scratched (it or the glass as well).

6. azelaya84 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks. Yeah I have a PS back protector on it to prevent any scratches. I had the white/blue combo but i went out yesterday and bought the black/white combo and just took both white parts together lol....

7. S1njin macrumors 6502a

S1njin

I had this case. I liked it well enough. Slid in and out of the pocket easily and seemed to protect the case well enough for day to day use. Not so sure how much 'padding' it has for a drop onto pavement. Also, taking the case off to clean the phone (especially the camera area) and putting the case back on was a royal pain.

8. Annerz macrumors regular

I like this. It almost makes me wanna buy another case!

9. treeoflife macrumors member

i think i buy new cases almost every three months varying from all price ranges. maybe cuz im a girl. ;)

10. Sedrick macrumors 68030

Sedrick

11. mophienick macrumors newbie

looks good

I like the white case- it's reminiscent of the last generation of macbooks. we have one sorta like that but because of the battery ours covers up the apple logo on the back

12. azelaya84 thread starter macrumors member

Not to bulky at all for the protection you get. I actually use it with a belt pouch so I cant really say how it is to pocket.

Thank you. Yeah I just took a look at the air pack it looks pretty cool in white.

13. SuperKat macrumors regular

Nice

It's a great case, I have on on my 3G, but I'm needing something that's easier to get on and off to dock my iPhone. I just went back to a Slider today.