Otterbox Commuter lock button

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Lone Wolf, Oct 31, 2011.

1. Lone Wolf macrumors member

I have the all black case for my 4s and the lock button is really stiff and hard to press. Is this normal for this type of case ?

2. hizzaah macrumors 6502

I just got my commuter for my 4S today and I've also noticed the lock button to be a bit difficult.

Whenever I had this problem on the commuter for my 4 it was usually remedied by taking the case apart and reseating it.. I've already done that once, but I'll try it a few more times before I say it's an issue with the case.

Also, I don't like how the headphone jack cover and 30-pin cover are just that, covers. On the version for the 4 they actually had rubber that inserted into the respective holes. I felt that offers more protection from like dust and would be more likely to keep liquids out if on the off chance the phone got wet (which my 4 did when I accidentally dropped it outside a tent where it sat in the rain for half an hour :eek: and it was perfectly fine. The little color changing liquid tabs didn't even change)

3. cerisier macrumors member

I thought it was just mine, but the lock button is really difficult to use with this case :(

4. r9800pro macrumors newbie

Today I used the Commuter with my iPhone 4 (not 4S) and the lock button is hard to press, unlike the volume buttons that are very good

Any advice guys ?

5. whsbuss macrumors 68040

whsbuss

Got one last week for my IP4 and it does get better after a few days. Since its kinda recessed a bit be sure to press firmly to eliminate any bounce (which causes a quick screen-on then off).