Otterbox Commuter or any other Alternatives?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by afederis, Aug 13, 2010.

1. afederis macrumors newbie

Hey guys, I've been really interested in the Otterbox Commuter for my IP4, however they are taking forever to get them in. Are there any other alternatives to this case that provides the same type of protections? (IE: Soft Silicone inner, with a hard plastic outer). I really enjoy the shock absorption and drop protection with this combo, however I don't want a bulky case like the Otterbox Defender.

I've been looking at the Incipio Silicrylic shown here: http://www.myincipio.com/iphone-cases/iphone-4-cases/iphone-4-silicrylic-silicone-case-with-acrylic-shell

Has anyone every tried one of these? I need a case ASAP, but Otterbox is taking way to long.

Help Please :)

2. Edking4 macrumors member

Honestly I would skip the incipio and get the case mate tough case it is a better case overall and is a hybrid vase Like the commuter.

3. awtryau89 macrumors regular

I second the Case-Mate Tough. I live in Atlanta and was able to swing by their offices and pick on up. It is the best all around case I have found. I just bought a Defender at Best Buy today and I am already missing the Tough. I think the Defender is going back. Is it as good as the Commuter, I don't know since I haven't seen it yet. Overall I like it better than my 3GS Commuter for feel and fit.

4. wmflyfisher macrumors member

Was the defender too big or what??

5. UAL Kingpin macrumors newbie

I have been using the Case-Mate Tough Case for about a month now and I really like it. It provides good protection for the iPhone 4, and it is very well made. I work a blue-collar job, so I need a case that is tough. At the same time, I don't need a case that is built like a tank because I am not into extreme sports and such.

Because I like this case so much, I canceled my pre-order for the Otterbox Commuter though Amazon/Beach Camera.

6. bsbuggs macrumors regular

what about his comparison:
    Defender

VS

Seidio Innocase II Surface Case and Holster

The seido has what appears to be a great holster with a medium duty case.

7. Edking4 macrumors member

Well the defender is a very nice case...it is big but still fits very nicely in the hand. The seidio case has wayyyy to generous of cutouts...