Otterbox commuter or tech 21 impact mesh

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by richxps, May 23, 2013.

1. richxps macrumors 65816

richxps

All out of the two can Someone give a comparison or which is better? I need to pick up a case for vacation and want one of these . Thanksss

2. ZombiePete macrumors 68020

ZombiePete

I can't speak to the Impact Mesh, but I just recently got my first Commuter case and I think it's pretty great. It's not ridiculous like the Defender is (my wife has/needs that one but I think it's way too bulky) but provides a good amount of protection, while still fitting comfortably into my pocket.

3. TexasErin macrumors newbie

I have the pink Tech21 impact mesh and my husband has the Otterbox Commuter.

I really, really like mine. I like the way it feels and I like the way it looks. I don't know anyone else that has one. And I especially like staring at it in the sun, lol.

My husband's Otterbox is so ordinary. That's all I can say. Very common and completely non-unique. He thinks it's fine, but he's not excited about it.

As a matter of fact, I'd really like to get the blue Tech21 impact band also to switch it up, but I hate the shipping fees from the UK (which is the reason I haven't ordered the blue Musubo Diamond case that I also want from Hong Kong either).

Anyway, the Tech21 would be my recommendation if you want to be different from everyone else. I love it!

4. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

Instead of any of those i recommend urban armor gear!
    Urban Armor Gear IPH5-RST/BLK-VP Composite Case with Impact Resistant Bumpers and Screen Kit for iPhone 5 - Rust/Black
    http://amzn.com/B0099I81K0

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

5. Yeezus macrumors member

I don't recommend purchasing the Tech 21 Impact Mesh Case. I've had some pretty bad experiences with this case.

6. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

Plus it is a bit more expensive.

7. Yeezus macrumors member

Exactly. The quality for the price is absolutely ridiculous. I personally use the Lifeproof Fre, but only because I got it for $20 bucks :eek:

8. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

How did you get it for only $20? And all the other MORE protective cases bought on amazon are a little cheaper for the top brands like otterbox:)

9. Yeezus macrumors member

I bought the case at an AT&T authorized retailer during closing hours. I agree, the cases on Amazon sell for cheaper - However, it is to note that there have been numerous complaints about fake products and such.

10. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

Otterbox commuter or tech 21 impact mesh

But why $20. Clearance or they wanted you to leave(lol)? Just have to make sure the seller is amazon/fulfilled by amazon.

11. Yeezus macrumors member

Partly because of the clearance sale and sale bargaining. The case was originally 40% off I believe, so the price came to about $48 dollars, and with some good bargaining I dropped the price down to $20.

On second thought, maybe they did want me to leave :D Oh well doesn't really matter, I'm extremely happy with my purchase.

12. TexasErin macrumors newbie

What happened? Just want to see if there's anything for me to worry about....

13. Yeezus macrumors member

A few reasons why I decided to return the Tech 21 Impact Mesh Case were due in part to a lack of dust protection (which resulted in multiple scratches in the upper and lower areas of my phone) , how the sides tend to stretch out the more I took it apart to clean out the phone, the large cut out for camera lens, and a weird ink residue the case left behind. Overall, I thought the case offered good protection for how thin it was, but I would not buy it again if given the opportunity.