Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DashSatan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 29, 2011
So I just got mine. Not bad. The silicone is a little flimsy but my question is this: will the case always be a lint magnet or does it go away after use and breaking it in?

Hauntedhallows

macrumors newbie
Feb 3, 2012
I have not had a problem with lint after breaking it in. The problem I do have is it getting dirty, mine is white and blue. Loved the case till I got my 050!

Jacooch

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2011
So I just got mine. Not bad. The silicone is a little flimsy but my question is this: will the case always be a lint magnet or does it go away after use and breaking it in?

I have had mine for awhile now and for me it is a lint magnet. Not so bad that I won't use it, but is annoying for me.

KentuckyHouse

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2010
Lexington, KY.
The black silicone is more of a lint magnet since it's the old style (softer and much less-firm). If you get one of the colored silicone pieces, it doesn't catch nearly as much lint.

Hauntedhallows

macrumors newbie
Feb 3, 2012
That must explain why I could not understand how everyone had lint problems but me. The soft parts of the case lose their firm stickiness after a few days!

brudog68

macrumors 6502
Feb 20, 2011
TN USA
I got the gray and yellow...had to trim the silicone to make it fit properly and after only one month the yellow is now dirty...no lint issues though

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.