Otterbox Commuter Screen Protector.

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by ahfu25, Dec 14, 2010.

1. ahfu25 macrumors 6502a

I just ordered the blue and white commuter case for the ip4. How would you rate the screen protector thats included? I have the black commuter but I gave the screen protector to a friend because I had the Ps anti-glare.

2. studmule macrumors regular

I don't use my commuter case anymore because the plastic is too slippery for my taste. However, I have had the screen protector that came with it on my iPhone 4 for a couple months now, and it is holding up very well.

3. ahfu25 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks. Does it scratch easily?

4. scarboy6693 macrumors 6502

It doesn't, no rainbow effect. Its on the thicker side of screen protectors and I had one on my phone for 3 months before the stupid incase slider destroyed it

5. Jooles macrumors member

Used it on my 16gb since I bought it. Has kept up very well indeed!

Gave that to my gf, bought myself a 32, with no screen protection :(

I almost miss it.

6. rapaleeman macrumors 6502

Mine didn't but it did peel up on me. I use a ton of cases so I'm assuming that one of them caught the side and caused it to lift.

One thing to note, the Otterbox version of a SP doesn't have a cut out for the front facing camera. At least on the three I have gotten (I got one with my Commuter and 2 with the Impact cases I bought).

While it looks a little weird because of it, it actually didn't make any difference in quality of the camera on the front. No glare or anything and the pictures it took looked fine. I don't use the useless facetime app but I did take a bunch of pictures with it and they looked fine.

7. ahfu25 thread starter macrumors 6502a

No camera cut out? Wow I didn't realize that when I gave it away

8. studmule macrumors regular

True, no camera cutout. I can tell you that it doesn't affect the front camera quality one bit. pics taken with it, facetime, you can't tell it's there.

9. ahfu25 thread starter macrumors 6502a

10. ahfu25 thread starter macrumors 6502a

You were right. I took a picture with and without the screen protector and there was no difference in quality. Thanx!!

11. JASApplications macrumors 65816

Overall I like the Commuter but to be honest I'm not digging those colours.