Otterbox Commuter v. Symmetry

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Robdmb, Sep 30, 2016.

1. Robdmb macrumors member

Has anyone compared the Otterbox Commuter v. Symmetry for the 7 Plus? Would appreciate thoughts on the two. Thanks.

2. kingston73 macrumors 6502

IMO the commuter is an old, outdated design. Look at newer cases, hardly any of them use 2 piece construction any more. The symmetry is still a little large for my personal preference but if I had to choose between those 2 it would definitely be my choice.

3. kgenova macrumors 6502a

kgenova

I don't have any experience with the Commuter (although OtterBox is supposed to be sending me a review sample), but the Symmetry is an outstanding case. I loved it for the 6s Plus and I love it for the 7 Plus too. Here's my review of the 7 Plus Symmetry:

Kristin

4. ATEspo macrumors regular

ATEspo

Had a commuter and symmetry on my 6+, the commuter is good for excellent protection, but adds a ton of bulk, but I needed the protection while in my shop and listening to music. Had the symmetry for a few days and took it back, didn't like it in my hand with the PLUS.

Now, with my 7+, I went with the Otterbox Statement case, available at apple:
    http://www.apple.com/shop/product/HKHP2ZM/A/otterbox-statement-series-case-for-iphone-7?fnode=99

I LOVE THIS THING! Seems like good protection and has a great feeling in the hand. I also like how the back is clear and shows off the phone. The clear plastic does scratch, and i've had it on my phone for going on 4 days now and there are some light scratches in it from normal use. I don't have another phone with me right now to take some photos, but you can go into an Apple store and try it out before you buy it.

5. rKunda macrumors 65816

rKunda

6. kgenova macrumors 6502a

kgenova

The Statement was outstanding for the iPhone 6s Plus--I look forward to reviewing it for the iPhone 7 Plus as well. Glad to hear you love it!