Otterbox commuter

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by DVilla, Oct 25, 2010.

1. DVilla macrumors newbie

I see that the commuter doesnt have very good protection for the front. Do you guys think or know if the screen will crack or get scratches if you drop the phone on the ground?

The case does prolly give good protection if you drop it backside down, but what if front goes down? :(

2. The LPT macrumors regular

3. jbachandouris macrumors 68040

jbachandouris

Do be aware that the 'membrane' screen protector on the defender cuts the brightness and beauty of the iPhone screen down noticeably. It attracts fingerprints easily and if there's any dust on the membrane when you clean it, it will scratch easily. BUT...Otterbox is top notch about replacing them. Emai them a picture proving you own the case and show any damage and they will send a new one for free.

So you need to decide between beauty and protection. I may pop out the screen protector from the defender and use a Zagg (or other screen protector) instead.

4. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

If that's a concern then do like I did and cut out the screen protector of the Defender and rock with it like that.

5. DVilla thread starter macrumors newbie

I ordered a commuter and got it now, im waiting for my iphone to arrive. Im not satisfied with the protection the commuter gives for the front part. Theres nothing (hard plastic) that protects the screen if you drop it. Even if i use the screen protector the screen will probably break if it lands with the front first.

But the defender looks too big...so i dont know. I dont drop the phone often though, havent dropped my HTC Hero for a year. Only from 1meter height..
    I just got scratches due keys..

Not sure if i need it, but the iphone costs like 350$ more than the Hero