Otterbox Defender 4S Case - Using a different screen protector

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by JulesK, Nov 27, 2011.

1. JulesK macrumors 6502

I've really liked the Defender case, but now want to remove the built-in screen protector that comes with the case and install one on my iPhone 4S itself. Has anyone done this, and does it affect the screen protector? Sounds like it was no problem with the Defender case for the original iPhone 4, but wanted to see whether that's changed before I went ahead and tried. Also, if you have tried this, what screen protector did you use. I had the Zagg product a while ago, and will try something different this time. Thanks.

2. mpossoff macrumors 68020

I use front and back shields with the Defender screen shield because on weekends I like to switch out and use an Apple Bumper. The only front/ back shields that I could find that work great are Pure Gear. They are crystal clear and I can't tell I have a shield on underneath the Defender shield. Pure Gear shield are .2 mm thick each so that's a total of .4mm thick for front and back. I haven't found shields that work with the Defender yet that work as great as Pure Gear.