Otterbox Defender and BestSkinEver?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Ryvius819, Jul 10, 2009.

1. Ryvius819 macrumors member

I purchased a iSkin fuze and didn't know that it won't properly fit the 3GS if I have the BSE back film installed. I want to replace it with the otterbox defender, will my 3GS fit nicely without it peeling off the back skin? I know the otterbox provides solid protection, but I don't like using the phone with a case at home so I needed the protective film.

2. cdal1 macrumors member

I have a iphone 3gs with anti glare and tried putting on bse on the back and it would not fit. Had to take it off, but I can leave the anti glare on with no problem.

3. txr0ckabilly macrumors 6502

I actually tool a razor knife to my defender and cut away the built in screen protector. It made a rainbow of bubbles on my screen. It was unbarable.

If you plan on taking it out of the case a lot, I'd suggest a different case rather than the defender. It's a damn good case for protection but is a PITA to take on and off.

4. Pika macrumors 68000

Pika

Power support anti-glare film + Otterbox Defender

5. Kadman macrumors 65816

Kadman

I did the same to mine. No matter which trick I tried, I was not happy with the built in screen protector. I cut it out and rely on a PS Crystal Film to protect my display. This solution works perfect for me.