Otterbox Defender and Rear Screen Shield

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by iammike1, Feb 23, 2011.

1. iammike1 macrumors 6502a

iammike1

I remember seeing a review on YouTube that claimed the Otterbox really messed up his rear screen protector. I have my doubts but that's what it said.

My question is, anyone using the Defender with a rear screen shield on? Having any issues?

I prefer to let my iPhone go naked or with just a bumper but if I want to use my Defender, I don't want to have to worry about ruining my screen shield.

2. wildrage macrumors member

I'm using mine with a ZAGG and so far, so good. It's been my experience, however, that most snap/hard cases cause problems with protectors - either they won't fit at all, or they cause some distortion.

3. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

I concur. While I can't speak to the longevity of a rear screen protector with the Defender, I can say that it does interfere with putting the hard snap case on/off. I use(d) front and rear protectors with my Defender when I had it and putting the snap case on wasn't easy and taking it off was even harder. I only used my Defender sporadically so I don't know the long term issues as it applies to the rear protector.