Otterbox Defender came yesterday and after 24 hours...

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by alm99, Jul 4, 2009.

1. alm99 macrumors 6502

I don't think I can keep it.

I have no doubt that this thing will offer superior protection to most other cases, but it makes the iPhone so much bigger that it is uncomfortable to use after using only a screen protector for two weeks. Yeah, all the ports are covered and the screen is covered, but what good is it if it is harder to use?

All of the buttons are now so stiff I cannot tell if they were pressed unless I am looking at the phone. The screen is almost impossible to press around the inset of the screen protector thanks to the raised edge. With the few phone calls I has had since the case has been on the sound has not been as loud.

I really wanted to like this case for the protection it offers on a possile $600 replacement if it were to suffer severe damage, I just don't know. I will give it a couple more days to see if I can adjust to it.

2. Che Castro macrumors 603

3. Resist macrumors 68030

I had no problems using it and felt it was more comfortable than with out it. But then again I don't like really tiny electronics.

4. Pika macrumors 68000

Pika

I love bulky cases. Bigger = Better protection.

5. SuperKat macrumors regular

Me Too

I stopped using my OtterBox after about a week. Same thing, just too big. Took it snowboarding once though and felt very protected.

6. Kadman macrumors 65816

Kadman

I go back & forth between the Otterbox and a Candy Shell. I find I'm using the Otterbox more than I used to as I've grown accustomed to the better grip, carefree use in nearly any situation, and the peace of mind the protection gives. I think it takes a considerable break-in period to get used to it. That said, it's definitely not for everyone.

7. Howard3Gs macrumors newbie