Otterbox Defender Creaky

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by khakiman, Sep 9, 2010.

1. khakiman macrumors member

khakiman

I just got an Otterbox Defender for my iPhone 4 and it is creaky at the top of the phone when you push on it. It is like it is not snapping together as tight as it should. I have never owned an otterbox before so I'm not sure if this is normal. Please advise.

Thanks

2. khakiman thread starter macrumors member

khakiman

Took it apart and made sure the back piece was push real tightly into it's groove at the bottom and it made a big improvement. The only place it feels a little loose now is the top left corner near the mute button.:)

3. Statusnone88 macrumors 65816

Statusnone88

Mine is on perfectly and that back piece still rattles and shakes around like crazy. I even tried putting a piece of scotch tape on the opposite side of the mute button and the thing creaks like crazy. I'm wondering if this is a defect in all the cases or just a few.

It wouldn't normally be a problem, but when I talk on the phone the thing creaks in my ear and it's quite irritating.

4. cowsrus macrumors 6502

had this problem, shot otterbox an email, they replaced my case within the week

5. Statusnone88 macrumors 65816

Statusnone88

Did it fix the issue? I'm sitting here trying every scenario to fix it and nothing. I'm guessing it's just a defect then?

6. cowsrus macrumors 6502

Yea I believe its a user made issue, by putting the case in wrong once you bend one of the plastic pieces that connects, making it a looser fit.

However, once i was very careful putting the pieces together on my replacement, it was a tight fit that protects my phone

7. Statusnone88 macrumors 65816

Statusnone88

You know, when I put it on the first time I knew it wasn't right. I might go swap it at best buy first.

Any tips for me to putting it on right this time?

8. cowsrus macrumors 6502

just line it up right, the three little slits i mean

I would say go through otterbox instead of bestbuy, otterbox will replace your case and let you keep your defective one, its nice to have in case something happens to the newer one