Otterbox Defender for iP4 new color pics

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by PittsDriver, Nov 9, 2010.

1. PittsDriver macrumors 6502a

PittsDriver

Otterbox released several new colors for the iPhone 4. I purchased the white/black and wanted to share pics. Fitment of both the hard plastic, and silicone are perfect. I have a blue one that I purchased shortly after they were released as well but I am really feeling the white/black. They have an all white also that is grabbing my attention.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. iamartimus macrumors 6502

I have the blue/black, and although it's nice, it's bulky too. I recently switched to a Neo Hybrid EX with front screen protector and a "carbon" back, which looks much, much, much nicer, and feels better. I'll switch it out when I go on outings that require more protection, since the Otterbox does just that.

The only things I don't like about the Otterbox is the bulkiness, the creaking of the case, and when I pull it out of my pocket, the silicone skin pulls off on some places. But can't beat it for protection.

I really like the look of that black/white! Very nice and thanks for the pics!
    :D

3. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

Now that's a nice looking case, but I gotta agree with the bulkiness of the case though.

4. Meltdownblitz macrumors 65816

I totally agree! I am using a Neo Hybrid Ex with a White Leather Skin Guard, similar set up to yours, and I love the set up. The defender is used only when I need more protection, example: snowboarding. Other then that I can't see myself using something that bulky for everyday for a work and college student such as me. For others such as people in construction, they could use a case like that for their everyday lives because they need the protection.

5. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

I need a new case cause my kids keep dropping my iphone 4 and I want it to be better protected. Do u guys find that this is the or one of the best ones and do u know if I can use it with an iphone that already has a zagg screen protector on it?

6. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

The OB Defender would be perfect for your situation.

7. dthmtlgod macrumors 6502

Nice. Where did you get it? I have the all white with black plastic one. Fits a lot better than my black/black one.

8. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

I've seen on the google machine that this case won't work with an iphone that has a zagg shield on it. Has anybody ever taken the shield off and then used a otterbox defender? What is the shield like on this thing? If I can't take off the shielf and use the od, can anybody recommend another good, strong case for someone whose kids have slippery fingers? Mine hits the floor a lot, its just a matter of time before some damage is done. I want a really good case to protect my third baby from my first two.

9. Jcas macrumors newbie

I got a plain black one, while the protection is good, i couldn't stand the way it picks up lint, dust,hairs, etc etc, it was like a magnet.:eek: