Otterbox defender for iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by macingman, Apr 8, 2011.

1. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

I just purchased one of the otterbox defenders on eBay for my iPhone 4 :D. I was just wondering is anyone would like to tell me some thoughts on the case such as whether they like it or not, some tips for using it, pretty much anything would be helpful.

Thanks.

2. RebeccaL macrumors 6502a

RebeccaL

Check out Larry Greenber's review at youtube, he mentions some installation tips.

3. SAIRUS macrumors 6502a

I love mine!

Yeah it's thick, but seriously, I can throw my iPhone 4 and your glasses will crack, not my phone's.

Check out some videos on youtube, saw some people drop weights on the thing. When I bought mine, the lady had her phone in it and threw it to the ground (I shrieked like a lil girl) and low and behold, the phone was fine.

Oh and you can use the clip for a stand as well.

4. lannim macrumors member

It's not too bulky, i actually really like the look of it..much better than the previous gen otterboxes

And of course very protective and theoretically water resistant, though I wouldn't go testing this on purpose

Good investment though

5. macingman thread starter macrumors 68020

macingman

Thanks everyone. I bought the case with the intention of taking it with me when I go jogging, sport training, to the beach and other places where their is a risk of damaging the phone so it sounds like the otter box is ideal for me.

I don't mind if it makes it a little thicker. My iPhone 4 has it's own pocket so I probably won't notice a difference.

6. transmaster macrumors 6502

transmaster

I really like my OtterBox Defender, as I mentioned in my review above I almost did not switch over to the the Ivyskin Q3. It is thick, it will not work in any of my docking ports but for protection you can't beat it. OtterBox has a new case in the works that my be of interest here. It has not been released yet it is called the Reflex, see the link below. According to the description it has the protection of the Defender with a slim design and a snap off bottom for docking. It sounds very interesting. :)

http://www.otterbox.com/iPod-Touch-...&start=2&cgid=ipod-touch-4th-generation-cases

7. psyduckiee macrumors regular

The Reflex line for the iPhone 4 has actually been released since some time last week.

8. HE15MAN macrumors 6502a

HE15MAN

It adequate my proximity sensor sketchy as hell

9. macingman thread starter macrumors 68020

macingman

Just an update. I received my Otterbox Defender in the mail this morning and I love it. I am so confident in the case that when showing it of to a friend, I purposefully slammed it against a marble floor from a 6 feet height and I picked it up and there was not a single scratch on the case.

I have big hands so the naked iPhone 4 is to small for me but the otterbox defender makes the phone just the right size for my hands to fit around, so that is a major plus for me.

I think I'm going to be using this case for a while, probably until I upgrade phones.

10. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

I love my OB Defender. I may try out other cases, but I always come back to the OB Defender. OB Customer Service is one of the best as well. I'm waiting on my new black and white silicons to arrive in the mail due to them stretching out over time.