otterbox defender for iPhone 6 plus?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by dopeman, Oct 12, 2014.

1. dopeman macrumors regular

I checked out the website..but there is no defender series for plus version. What gives? Will it come out? Did anyone hear anything about it?

2. AE14 macrumors 65816

AE14

There is no timeline out there. I have moved on. Thinking about the Griffin Survivor Slim as my rugged case. Seems to offer the same durability and I already have a glass screen protector installed

3. dopeman thread starter macrumors regular

that's really sad to hear....from otter box.

4. stretch80 macrumors regular

stretch80

I can't believe Otterbox still hasn't released the Defender case for the 6 Plus. I wonder what the hold up is.

5. AE14 macrumors 65816

AE14

The mobile fun site has it listed for out of stock for another month.

6. ARH1956 macrumors 6502

When the Defender appears for the 6 Plus it had better be freaking spectacular. Otherwise they have taken too long and many former Otterbox disciples have bought a Pelican, Griffin, etc. tough case to "get by" will be lost customers forever. I'm all for getting it right over getting it first, but it's been long enough, IMO.

7. AE14 macrumors 65816

AE14

I agree and I have to say I am a fan of the Pelican Protector and they offer the same warranty as Otterbox.

8. ARH1956 macrumors 6502

The buttons, especially the On-Off button is tough on the Pelican Voyager. I can push it in ok it just takes a concentrated effort as opposed to a quick stab. I'm using the Tech 21 Tactical which I like but it doesn't have a compatible holster which may drive me back to the Pelican if Otterbox doesn't come through soon.

9. emailYasmin macrumors member

emailYasmin

I have same problem with Pelican Voyager.

On-Off button requires too much effort. Otherwise case is OK.

I also have problem with their screen protector. Too loose at the edges.

10. ARH1956 macrumors 6502

Yeah, I have a glass protector the included one from Pelican is problematic.

11. AE14 macrumors 65816

AE14

I have their Protector case and like it. It's a very basic looking case but it's durable with a great warranty.

12. Bocatrip macrumors member

If you think the Pelican's on-off button is difficult.....you need to try the on-off button with my iphone 6 Otterbox Defender.........Arnold Schwarzenegger would have a tough time!!!

13. 3rdiguy macrumors 6502a

3rdiguy

Otterbox has the nerve to have reviews for that case on their site knowing it's bogus. I don't see how they can't make the defender like the HTC one m8 version. Nice and thin but it looks like it will be just like the 6, slightly rounded

14. maclove4life macrumors regular

i just returned that today...great protection...hard to get it open..and hard button.