Otterbox Defender for the 6 Plus arrived...

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by sboychuck, Oct 29, 2014.

1. sboychuck macrumors regular

Just un-boxed it and took off my Griffin Survivor All-Terrain. I must say I am impressed. The phone fits good and snug in the case and it does not rattle. The on/off and volume buttons are easier to use than the Griffin. The entire back rubber case is not as thick as the Griffin and it does not have the raised areas. The rubber seems smoother, yet I still have a good grip on the phone. Will get some pictures later on once my day slows down a bit. All in all, I give it high marks, and will buy three more for my other family members. The Griffins are now for sale, once Otter starts selling more of them!

2. miss.manson macrumors 6502a

miss.manson

pics?

3. sboychuck thread starter macrumors regular

It looks exactly like the pictures on the website. I am slammed the rest of the day with work, and will get some up later today.

4. ticilpxe, Oct 29, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2014

ticilpxe macrumors newbie

5. edlex macrumors 68000

edlex

Is it leaving a residue on the home button like the 6's?

6. AuroraProject macrumors 65816

AuroraProject

In for pics! Does it cover half of the headphone jack like the 6 version?

7. NewToMac11 macrumors member

I put a defended on my dads Iphone 6 couple weeks ago, so ill take off the case tonight and see if it is leaving any residue under the home button.

8. mixedup macrumors member

Interesting -- I've been using a Defender since a week after the phone was released. Just pulled the case off and there is absolutely nothing around the home button. It's got a crappy screen protector on underneath, but there are zero scratches on it (and this thing scratches really easy….it's marked up because of the rough dry skin on my thumb….but nothing on or around the home button as a result of the Otterbox.

The only place on the screen protector marked by the Otterbox is actually around the ear speaker (where the hard plastic case touches the screen. This might only be due to the extra thickness of the screen protector…not sure.

9. sboychuck thread starter macrumors regular

Photos...

Attached Files:

10. sboychuck thread starter macrumors regular

Photos 2

Attached Files:

11. sboychuck thread starter macrumors regular

Photos 3

Attached Files:

12. sboychuck thread starter macrumors regular

Photos 4

Attached Files:

13. sboychuck thread starter macrumors regular

Photos 6

Attached Files:

14. sboychuck thread starter macrumors regular

Last photo. No coverage over the camera and flash. Also, screen looks better through Otter than Griffin. Like the smooth back and sides. Has a better feel than the raised areas on the Griifin. Took them with my iPad, so a bit awkward.

Attached Files:

15. hellmacpro macrumors member

16. kilcher macrumors 65816

kilcher

Not a fan of the bubbly film on the home button. I assume that and the protector can be removed fairly easily? Is the screen protector and home button cover all one piece or two? I've always used OB in the past but after having Zagg Glass on my Plus I plan on removing whatever built-in protector there is and keeping that.

17. badger91 macrumors regular

I had the defender on my 6 and the skin over the home button made permanent marks in the shape of a square around it. The skin would also get creases in it and the design with plastic on the sides of the home button made it hard to access the command center. Hopefully they fixed some of those issues with the 6 plus defender. I'm interested to see if these issues were fixed on the 6 plus case.

18. sboychuck thread starter macrumors regular

I am buying three more for my family once they are available. I prefer them over the Griffins.

----------

Home button cover is a different material than the screen.

----------

I will use it for a week and get back with you.

19. Bocatrip macrumors member

I've had the defender for a few weeks on my iphone 6. I removed the case and found no damage anywhere on the phone. I guess it depends on the batch of cases you get.

20. Hec983 macrumors member

Yep this happen to my brother's iPhone as well. Be careful guys to be able to see the residue you actually have to touch around the Touch ID that's the way it shows up or blow on it the steam would show it also. Good luck

21. kilcher macrumors 65816

kilcher

So how easy does it seem to remove both - the plastic screen protector and the film over the home button? I know I've read of people doing it, just want to make sure I can before I order the case. Seems like a shame to dismantle a brand new $70 case but if I can get the protection of an Otterbox using my Zagg Glass screen, that would be just about perfect. :)

22. snoopykul macrumors newbie

do you know if its compatible with tech armor ballistic glass protector?

23. bwsteg macrumors 6502

Can you please snap a pic of the defender case side by side with the actual iPhone 6plus? I'm just looking to see how much extra bulk is added.

24. hellmacpro macrumors member

I just ordered 6 plus defender with grey outside and white shell! YAY!
    using promo code ...

25. DeadPony macrumors newbie