Otterbox Defender Iphone 5 + Glass Screen Protector Possible?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by thrgk, Mar 22, 2014.

1. thrgk macrumors newbie

I have a otterbox defender, and I love it. I have used defender cases for my s3, s4, note 2, note 3, and now iphone 5.

For my s4 and n3 I used a glass screen protector with it, by just popping out the plastic one and putting it in. I used the .4mm ones for those phones, but will this work for the iphone 5 case? Has anyone did it, will it break or mark up the glass any?

I see spigen has a .2mm one, but I kinda would like .4mm sine I think the pressure of the case may crack the .2mm one?

Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks

2. tvotony macrumors regular

I have had the .4mm and the .2mm in an otterbox defender and they work well once you pop out the plastic. It will only mark it up with the dust that builds up under the case. But as far as breaking no never happened to me

3. thrgk thread starter macrumors newbie

Did one work better than the other? Or pretty much both the same? I'd rather get the .4mm one but if the ,2mm worked better I'll get that . Neither hurt the screen though so that is good how long did u use them for

4. tvotony macrumors regular

Had it on for two months and I would use the .2mm so you won't have figment issues

5. thrgk thread starter macrumors newbie

what .2mm screen protector do you recommend? I see bear motion has one for $13 and spidgen for $35. They both kinda have good and bad reviews. I only ever used tech armor and siedio vitreo, and they are .4mm.

What do you recommend in .2mmrange.

6. tvotony macrumors regular

I have always used spigen for all my glass screen protectors but they are pricey so if you have the extra bucks to spend I would chose them if not the only other screen protector that I have used would be iloome and that's 16$ for a .12mm

7. titans1127 macrumors 6502a

The Zagg Invisible Shield Glass works with my 5S defender and Lifeproof Fre with no issues. As far as the Lifeproof goes, I do doubt the validity of its waterproofness but I only use that case on rainy or snowy days just in case so for that it should be fine.