Otterbox Defender iPhone 6 Defect?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by rgusa8, Sep 19, 2014.

1. rgusa8 macrumors member

Anyone else get one today? The volume buttons are super stiff and require a lot of force to actually gain a response. Also, is the headphone jack supposed to be accessible without moving the flaps? Cause I can see part of the hole, looks like it just barely clears the opening. And the flap itself for the jack is cut weird. Pics here:

IMG_4530.JPG

IMG_4531.JPG

2. Munitalp macrumors 65816

3. 3rdiguy macrumors 6502a

3rdiguy

Do you have any more pics that show how thick the case is? Compared to boxy previous versions.

4. gsugolfer macrumors 6502a

gsugolfer

We bought a Defender for my wife, and the screen protector is much worse quality than the 5/5s version.

5. rgusa8 thread starter macrumors member

I removed the silicone skin to check out the shell, looks like it doesn't fit the phone snuggly, there's enough room that I can see some wiggle to the phone. And the bottom volume button barely makes clearance of the plastic. Very disappointed

6. KAMB macrumors 6502

Guess OtterBox want give iPhone specs (assuming the had in the past) this time prior to the iPhone release and just "guessed" what the phones specs were going to be just to be the first to market.

7. ozshadow macrumors regular

Is it made in the US?

My first run Commuters were made in the US and had harder rubber. Once production finalized and shifted to China the rubber was much softer and more pliable.

The fit on the first ones sucked.

8. Rocko1 macrumors 68020

Rocko1

Where did you buy the case. Many fakes of this case.

9. oldcelt macrumors 6502

Ordered defender as Lifeproof won't be out for a few weeks. It's due in the next couple of days. Ordered fro the Otterbox website (Europe). Will report back when it comes. Will sell on when I get lifeproof. Will send back if it's rubbish. I don't use this case all the time but need rugged case for when grandchildren play with phone. Most of the time it will be in my Joli slip case.

10. KAMB macrumors 6502

I have the same issue with my case. Also the phone moves around in the case also. Sent an email to Otterbox and this was their reply;

"Thanks for contacting OtterBox! OtterBox has received limited reports of slight device movement inside the Defender Series for Apple iPhone 6. Our internal testing continues to show that the fit is acceptable and device functionality and protection are not affected in these unique situations."

Won't ever be buying an Otterbox case again. Very disappointed; they messed up with this case and aren't doing anything to fix it.

11. 55test55 macrumors 6502

Wow, thats ****** customer service.

12. Jinxers214 macrumors newbie

Jinxers214

Wife got the case and volume/on off button were super hard to push to activate. Solution (if you don't want to buy another case) cut a thin strip off an old school pink eraser to fit in gaps of plastic, put cover back on and enjoy the ease!