Otterbox defender iphone 6 rubber seperation

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Bocatrip, Oct 30, 2014.

1. Bocatrip macrumors member

I've noticed after 2 weeks with the Otterbox defender for the iphone 6 an issue with the rubber cover. Right beneath the finger ID, where the rubber cover meets that black plastic piece on the bottom front, it no linger sits flush and there is a slight gap where it should be completely flush. It only gets worse after I close the rubber door for the charger port. That makes the gap more noticeable. I believe it was completely flush when I first put it on, but after multiple charges and pressing the finger ID, the gap is starting to show. It's not bad or even that noticeable, but I figured it would be getting worse over time. Does anyone else know what I'm referring to? I was going to exchange the cover for a newer version, but I'm pretty happy with the case overall.

2. hellmacpro macrumors member

go to Facebook/otterbox... and let them know...
    did you buy from store or otterbox website?

3. Bocatrip thread starter macrumors member

Target. I have 2 more days to return it, but they don't have any additional defenders and I don't want to go without a case.

4. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

5. hellmacpro macrumors member

if you need something to hold you over...i would try pelican protector...until there is one...

otherwise...find a way to hold your phone..and return...unless you gonna keep it...

6. Bocatrip thread starter macrumors member

I purchased another defender (hoping it was revised). Although the bottom piece is better, I can still see it wanting to separate after closing the charging port. I've called Otterbox and they continue to claim that no revisions have been made to the Otterbox Defender for the iphone 6. Since I can't get any definitive info on the defender being revised, I guess I'll just have to live with what I have for the present. It's still a great case and extremely rugged.