Otterbox defender or life proof

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by richxps, Sep 17, 2015.

1. richxps macrumors 65816

Jun 9, 2008
    anyone going to use a defender or life proof with the 6s plus ? If so have u ever used one and how is it on a large phone
  2. ArchaicTZ macrumors newbie

Sep 16, 2015
    Gilbert, Arizona
    The 6s plus is already huge.... I think I will pick up a Lifeproof to have when I go swimming or to the beach.
  3. idanny34 macrumors regular

Sep 26, 2014
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Both will make the iPhone 6/6s Plus bigger and heavier, but the additional weight and size from the OtterBox Defender is more noticeable than the LifeProof.
  4. Mactaculious macrumors regular

Oct 6, 2014
    Problems I've read about for both:

-Charging door latches break causing the phone to lose the waterproof feature as the door no longer closes. (Remedy: keep getting replacements when this happens.)
    -Sound issues - people hear you clearly and the sound has a tin can effect.

-Built in screen protector doesn't sit flush on the screen and has a noticeable gap causing the user to press harder in the screen. Also reports of the screen protector leaving marks around the home button. (Remedy: most have removed the built in screen protector and use their own glass protector.)
  5. starbucks1222 macrumors member

Jul 23, 2015
    Antioch, CA
    My defender just came yesterday. See how it fits on the phone the 25th! I will most likely cut out the little piece that covers the home button.