Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kevman8396

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 8, 2016
Maryland / USA
Does anyone else have the Otterbox Defender Pro series for Iphone XS Max? For some reason I cannot use the side button to turn off the screen. I can turn on the screen with no problem and use it to shut down and take screen shots. For some reason though it does not lock the screen. Anyone else experiencing this? I reinstalled the case but that did not fix the isse.

Motionblurrr

macrumors 65816
Jul 1, 2008
Have you checked if the inside of the power button (inside the outer rubber portion) is the same length as the volume buttons?

Sometimes manufacturing defects can happen on things like that so it won’t reach the power button when the case is assembled

kevman8396

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 8, 2016
Maryland / USA
Have you checked if the inside of the power button (inside the outer rubber portion) is the same length as the volume buttons?

Sometimes manufacturing defects can happen on things like that so it won’t reach the power button when the case is assembled
[doublepost=1555356400][/doublepost]
The button works all other times. It works to turn off the device and I can take screenshots

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.