Otterbox Defender Revision?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by milesc3, Feb 22, 2015.

1. milesc3 macrumors newbie

Has anyone heard any rumors of a new revision for the Otterbox Defender for the Iphone 6? This has always been my case of choice for my iphones and I have one for my current Iphone 6 where I removed the Otterbox screen protector and am using a tempered glass protector on the phone. I agree with most of the cons presented by current users and am hoping the Otterbox will fix most of these with a new revision.

2. MC355 macrumors member

How do you like this setup? I thought of doing the same thing (glass screen protector etc). Any issues with the Touch ID?

3. KAMB macrumors 6502

I'm using the Tech Armor Edge to Edge screen protector on my phone which is in the defender case (I hate the defender screen protectors so I popped it out) and everything functions perfectly. Case makes a good deal against the screen protector as well.

4. MC355 macrumors member

Otterbox Defender Revision?

Sounds good. Thinking of trying the defender with my Zagg glass screen protector. Of course I'll pop off the plastic one in defender first

Have you noticed a decreased sensitivity with Touch ID with defender, or does popping out plastic screen remove the home screen protector as well?

5. KAMB macrumors 6502

It removes the button screen cover as well. The button will be exposed with the screen protector however no reduced sensitivity.

6. MC355 macrumors member

Sounds good. I was gonna remove the home screen shield anyways.

May give it a shot. Currently using the New Trent Trentium 6L which is kinda like a "Defender lite". But have dropped my iPhone a few times and worried it may not protect it as well the next time. On this I also removed the plastic screen protector and home button shield bec sensitivity was so low it was driving me crazy

[​IMG]