Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jkeith0919

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 1, 2012
He was in a very bad car accident the other day (he's just a little banged up, thank goodness). His iPhone was ejected from the vehicle & the case just has a small scratch on it & the iPhone is still 100%. So glad I got him to buy that case!

jkeith0919

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 1, 2012
Note the "he's just a little banged up, thank goodness" part of my post. Of course I care more about my husband than his iPhone.

jkeith0919

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 1, 2012
Was he using his phone when he got into an accident?

No he wasn't using his phone. The accident was due to rain making his truck skid.

Also, the accident was on Tuesday. I could see comments about me caring more about the phone if I posted this right away. My husband is totally fine aside from a few bruises & scratches. I am happy we do not have to replace a $500 phone that was purchased a week before the accident.

mrskullfreak

macrumors 6502a
Jan 25, 2012
michigan north detroit
Funny this came up I rolled my jeep last year 2.5 times doing 50 no case on my phone at all not a scratch on it..
Me on the other hand thats a different story..

----------

IMAG0023.jpg

daemonite

macrumors member
Aug 18, 2010
nice to know both your husband and his phone made it out with just a few scratches.

you should send otterbox a nice little testimonial on how durable their products can be

Leonard1818

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2011
Even if the phone would have gotten toasted, wouldn't your auto insurance have covered it?

p.s. glad everyone/everything is OK. Hopefully the truck is easily fixable or totaled (who doesn't like a new truck? :) )

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.