OtterBox Defender Verizon iPhone Release

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by harrysand, Feb 5, 2011.

1. harrysand macrumors newbie

For anybody that was interested in buying a case to protect their precious vzw iPhone, I emailed OtterBox customer support and the Defender case will be available at 7am on the 10th in Verizon and BestBuy stores and on otterbox.com at 3am.

2. mightygitis macrumors 6502

mightygitis

This is excellent news! I thought I would have to wait much longer for it to come out. I've heard nothing but good things about otterbox.

3. resom macrumors member

Awesome! I was expecting a much longer wait after the release.

4. Alaerian Guest

Alaerian

I still have an original Otterbox Defender for my iPhone 2G. Finally found one about a year ago on the Amazon Marketplace - paid an arm and a leg!

They really are worth it if you are looking for a full coverage case that's extremely rugged and durable.

5. Apollo 13 macrumors 6502a

screw that if I'm going to to get rid of my Android phone I don't want to be carring around another brick of a phone. That case is freaking huge. This case may suit some of you guys well but not me.

6. Apple 26.2 Contributor

Apple 26.2

The Defender was too bulky for me, but the Commuter works just fine... both good cases by Otterbox.

7. JASApplications macrumors 65816

Defender is a great case. Glad to see Otterbox have got it out for the Verizon iPhone quickly!

8. jdbutz macrumors newbie

Does anyone know if the Defender affects the flash on the iPhone? I really want to get one, but I don't want it to affect the camera's function.

9. jonofthedead macrumors newbie

I really hope that the commuter follows suit.

10. freshass macrumors newbie

11. iamthekiller macrumors 6502a

There is no "verizon version" of the defender for iphone 4. The $22 defender on amazon is the same thing as the $50 defender you'll buy at retail.

12. johndallas999 macrumors 6502a

johndallas999

those otterbox cases are too bulky! My dad has one and it almost doubles the thickness of the phone (maybe more). I can understand if you are clumbsy as a 2 year old but why do you need that much protection for a phone?