Otterbox Defender w/ sweat and rain

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Andrew83Ga, Sep 30, 2012.

1. Andrew83Ga macrumors regular

I've got a job where frankly, I sweat, my pants pockets get moist etc. The defender is awesome but the few openings it has get wet. I try to wipe them every hour or so (im not on a schedule but i probably look at it at about that rate). Anyone with experience have any insight? I have friends who say their Defender leaves their phone flawless when the take them out for whatever reason. But I'd imagine that the speaker getting a little moist all the time isn't good. On the other hand maybe it's no big deal. Either way, Im keeping my eye on waterproof cases supposedly coming soon...the taktik, the lifeproof, and the otterbox armoured.

2. Juicy D. Links macrumors 6502

U will b fine unless u leave it a thunderstorm or sweat like gallons lolol but the occasional wipe off u will be fine

3. Hooterville macrumors 6502a

Hooterville

Get the Lifeproof case for iPhone 5 when it's released.
    I have the defender but I'm waiting for the LP.

4. norwegian wood macrumors regular

I'm in the same situation. Better to just use the belt clip when working is what I do. Or I just set it someplace with in a few steps while I'm working. Doing hard physical work in 90 plus temperature leaves you soaked like Patrick Ewing in his prime at the garden. My pants or shorts will look like you just jumped out of the pool.

5. stephen1108 macrumors 65816

YEah, I was gonna say use the belt clip, or place it in a zip-lock before working I guess? I'm not sure if that would help.